Better Late Than Never: Terenure Classic Car show 2018 Part 1.








A few weeks ago in the midst of the summer long heatwave that we're enjoying here in Ireland, I decided to roll the ae86 out of the garage and make the short spin down to Terenure college for the annual classic car show.


The Terenure car show is one of the few automotive events in Ireland that has some foothold in the mainstream. Having attended a few times, I had an idea of what to expect but I've always found myself surprised at what seems to be hiding away in this country.



The drive was noisy but largely uneventful, until I met some of those nasty narrow but tall speed bumps inside, once they were navigated I found a nice shady spot and set off in search of cool stuff.




Two minutes after setting off I spotted this JZX100 Chaser in the carpark. An incredibly clean manual car with simple aero and wheel choices was looking great. I'd love to have something like this as a daily driver.


Once through the gate I spotted the RS200 from the opening image and made an instant beeline for it. Ford's group B offering is by far my favourite rally car from the era.There is an incredible aura from these machines.



There was a throng of people around the car the whole day, I tried to take in some more of the details before moving on.



Speaking of fast fords, this pair of Sierra Cosworths' looked the part.



Stock ride height has never looked so good.




My appreciation for Porsche 911s, particularly of the air-cooled variety, has gone from limited to sky high in the last few years. Unfortunately this seems to be a universally shared opinion, causing prices to head towards unobtainable.




Speed stripes done right.



Whale tail. Check.  Chequered seats. Check





I'd love to see some Japanese wheels under those arches if it was my car. Maybe some Work
VS-XX or something with aero covers (think Rays Artisan Spirit).



Lowriders come in all shapes and sizes.



Managed to catch this just as it was leaving, excuse the poor quality images but it's too cool not to share.



Z-tune fenders and bonnet, and Nismo LMGT4 wheels hiding Stoptech brakes. The Omori Factory  sticker hints at some goodness.



V-spec II nur with R1 engine from Nismo. I can only imagine price tag on one of these.





A Sharknose BMW is not something you see all too often on these shores.



More Group B goodness courtesy of this Lancia Delta Integrale.



This 131 Abarth was amazing, the width of the arches to accommodate all of the extra track is visually dramatic to say the least.



What a great wheel design, wrapped in R888 rubber.




There was a few of these old Mercedes coupes on show, I have always thought that they look like the perfect vehicle to go on a leisurely summer cruise in absolute comfort and style.


This man in the red t-shirt was taking great joy in showing off his immaculate Ferrari Dino, while his wife sat patiently in the car.



This was one of the cleanest cars at the show, I daresay it was 'mint'.



I'm going to leave it there for now, I didn't touch on any Toyota's in this post, so there's lots of that to come amongst some other cool stuff for part 2.

Comments